Navigation between Clouds, Sites, and Devices
The IgniteNet cloud is made up of three main levels of organization:
- Cloud-level (highest)
- Device-level (lowest)
The main nav menu on the left will change depending on what context you're in while interacting with your cloud account.
For example, after you log in, you'll be directed to your default cloud dashboard. The context here is "cloud context", so you'll see a summary of all of the sites within this cloud.
As you drill down to site-level or device-level pages, you can easily navigate back to the cloud level, as shown in the animated GIF above.
Navigating to a Site
You can navigate to a specific site in a few ways:
- Search for the site's name or description/notes using the "global search", represented by a magnifying glass icon, located at the top of the page.
- Choose the site name from the site selector dropdown, located on the left navbar below the menu title (this is available in all cloud, site and device-level contexts).
- Click on a link from with in the content of a cloud or device page that points to a site.
Navigating to a Device
You can navigate to a device in a few ways:
- Search for the device name, serial number, MAC address, hostname, or many other fields using the "global search", represented by a magnifying glass icon, located at the top of the page.
- From the cloud or site-level menus, click on the "Devices" menu item, and find your device from the list.
- Click on a link to a device from within a cloud or site-level dashboard page.
- The cloud-level menu will show you options and settings that apply to the current cloud.
- The site-level menu will show you options and settings that apply to the current site.
- The device-level menu will you you options and settings that apply to the current device.
- You can easily switch between each level by using the arrows at the top of the nav bar.
Managing Your Clouds
Editing your cloud You can view or edit the current cloud's settings and properties by clicking on the "Cloud Properties" menu item from the cloud-level menu. From this page you can: Turn on beta features - this give you early access to new ...
How many devices and sites can I manage from the Cloud?
Devices: There is currently a limit of 500 devices per site in place with the Core Cloud or Virtual Private Cloud plans. The Trial Cloud account option allows you to manage up to fifty (50) devices forever at no cost. Sites: There is an upper limit ...
Can I be a member of multiple clouds?
Yes! Your personal login can be associated with any number of clouds, and you can have a different role within each site of each cloud if needed. If you're already a member of a cloud and want to create your own, click on the Cloud menu in the upper ...
Is the traffic between my devices and the Cloud encrypted?
Yes - devices communicate with the Cloud over TLS encrypted protocols, and traffic between your web browser and the Cloud is encrypted over HTTPS.
How do I assign devices to the Cloud?
Once you have created a site, you can assign devices to it. 1. Start from the CLOUD MENU 2. Select Devices 3. Click ADD DEVICE 4. Choose the appropriate tab for the device type you plan on adding. 5. Select a site 6. Select the site inheritance ...
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please remember to submit TS file)
(Please note, by clicking 'Create Support Ticket' you will be redirected to our new Edgecore System Portal, please register your ticket via our Edgecore System as IgniteNet is now part of Edgecore.)